Revealed: Top twelve Sunday Roast spots in the UK
Raise your gravy jugs to the UK’s roasts with the most.
Yorkshire puddings, slow-roasted meat and crispy potatoes, there’s no better way to warm up your weekend than a Sunday Roast - and thankfully, the UK has plenty of hearty spots serving up the much-loved national dish. So to ensure soggy potatoes and watery gravy is no more, Betway has found the best places serving up the classic meal up and down the country.
Measuring popularity by a unique index score - generated by the number of hashtags each location has racked up on Instagram, as well as Google and Tripadvisor reviews - eateries from Manchester, London, Liverpool and Birmingham came out on top and were among the top twelve across the UK.
Located in a late Victorian courthouse on Deansgate, Hawksmoor Manchester, which offers succulent slow-roasted meat served with beef dripping potatoes and vegetables, topped the list with an overall index score of 9, according to the research carried out by Betway.
London eateries Hawksmoor Seven Dials and Blacklock Soho followed with a joint index score of 11, while Hanover Street Social in Liverpool placed third with 17, making them the perfect spots for the Sunday favourite.
The Plough and Bacchus Bar, which are both situated in Birmingham and offer roasts combining quality, fresh seasonal ingredients, placed fourth with an index of 21. Home Restaurant in Belfast completed the top five with an index of 23.
Top 12 most popular restaurants for a roast in the UK (index score created using figures from Tripadvisor, Google and Instagram):
- Hawksmoor Manchester
- Hawksmoor Seven Dials, London and Blacklock Soho, London
- Hanover Street Social, Liverpool
- The Plough, Birmingham and Bacchus Bar, Birmingham
- Home Restaurant, Belfast
- Bothy Glasgow, Glasgow and The Potted Pig, Cardiff and The Anchor Line, Glasgow
- The Scran and Scallie, Edinburgh and Roseleaf Bar Cafe, Edinburgh
- Ryan's Bar & Restaurant, Belfast
- The Butchershop Bar & Grill, Glasgow
- Pasture Restaurant, Cardiff
- Albert's Schenke, Liverpool and Tiny Rebel, Cardiff
- The Barking Dog, Belfast