Betway ambassadors Katie Walsh and Ross O'Sullivan sit down with friends and family to relive their greatest Grand National moments.
The Grand National is the biggest race in the horse racing betting calendar. Ahead of the 2022 race, we sat down with Betway ambassadors Katie Walsh and Ross O’Sullivan, as well as some family and friends, to relive their most memorable moments from the National.
On the girls’ sofa was Katie, her sister Jennifer, and former champion amateur jockey Lisa O’Neill, who regularly rode Tiger Roll at home as well as to victory at the 2017 Cheltenham Festival.
On the boys’ sofa was Ross, his father-in-law Ted Walsh – who won the race in 2000 and trains one of this year’s favourites, Any Second Now – and former jockey Niall ‘Slippers’ Madden, who won the race in 2006 on Numbersixvalverde.
Together, they watched back their best moments in the Grand National, including:
- Ted and his son, Ruby, winning the race in 2000 with Papillon
- Slippers winning at his first attempt on Numbersixvalverde in 2006
- Katie finishing third on Seabass, trained by Ted, in 2012
- Tiger Roll becoming the first back-to-back Grand National winner since Red Rum
- Rachael Blackmore becoming the first female jockey to win the race on Minella Times in 2021
Watch the video below:
Visit Betway’s horse racing betting page.