Watch our Punchestown Gogglebox with Katie Walsh and family
Betway ambassadors Katie Walsh and Ross O'Sullivan sit down with the family to relive some of their most memorable moments at the Punchestown Festival.
The Punchestown Festival is one of the biggest weeks in the Irish horse racing betting calendar. And, to celebrate the start of the 2021 edition, we sat down with one of Irish racing's most successful families to relive their most memorable moments at the meeting.
On the girls’ sofa was Betway ambassador Katie Walsh, her sister Jennifer and Nina Carberry, her sister-in-law and fellow former jockey.
On the boys’ sofa was Katie’s husband and fellow Betway ambassador Ross O’Sullivan as well as his father- and brother-in-law Ted Walsh Sr and Ted Walsh Jr.
Together, they watched back some of their finest moments at the Festival spanning almost two decades, including:
- Ted and Ruby claiming the Gold Cup with Commanche Court in 2000, less than a month after winning the Grand National
- Ross riding his first ever Punchestown winner for his future father-in-law on board Wedger Pardy in the 2008 Hunters Chase
- Nina narrowly edging out Katie in a thrilling finish to the 2010 Ladies Perpetual Cup
- Katie bowing out of the sport on a high after winning the 2018 Novice Hurdle on a spare ride for Willie Mullins
- Her brother Ruby waving goodbye the following year after winning a sixth Punchestown Gold Cup on Kemboy