Mark Noble and Aaron Cresswell prank Jack Wilshere!
Watch West Ham's summer signing gets stitched up good and proper by his new team-mates in our hilarious prank interview.
You’ve seen it a thousand times before. A new signing sits down for his welcome-to-the-club interview, where he’ll proceed to say how happy he is to be here and that the move is a dream come true.
There's nothing wrong with that, but we wanted to do something different to greet West Ham new boy Jack Wilshere.
So, this is what we went for:
Jack thinks he’s sitting down for a run-of-the-mill interview with Hammers sponsors Betway – that's us – to discuss his summer move to the London Stadium and how he thinks the club will do in the football betting this season.
What Jack doesn’t know is that the whole thing is one elaborate prank.
The person asking the questions is Lee, an actor who we’ve hired to play the role of the clueless interviewer. Even better, Hammers club captain Mark Noble and team-mate Aaron Cresswell are in on the joke, too.
Watching on in secret from the room next door and able to talk to Lee through an earpiece, Nobes and Cress ask the unsuspecting interviewee all sorts of weird and wonderful questions.
How does Jack respond? You’ll have to watch the video to find out!
Highlights from the video include:
- He is thinking: "What is going on?!"
- "New signings often have to do initiations…." But does Jack suspect anything’s up?
- "You play in a similar position to the club captain…" Lee asks Jack a very difficult question.
- "He’s bigger up top." Which team-mate is Jack talking about?
- "He’s fuming!" This is torture!” Noble and Cresswell struggle to watch.
- "My cousin will never know." Just what is Lee asking Jack to do?