Kevin Pietersen: What the IPL means to me
The former England captain, who is one of the IPL's most popular overseas players, discusses his memories of playing in the Indian Premier League.
Kevin Pietersen is one of the IPL's most celebrated overseas players.
Pietersen was made the highest-paid player in IPL history when he was bought for £1.1m in 2009 by Royal Challengers Bangalore – who are in the latest IPL betting to win this year’s tournament – before going on to represent Delhi Daredevils and Rising Pune Supergiants.
He captained both Bangalore and Delhi, and scored over 1,000 runs in 37 IPL matches overall.
In this video, he discusses exactly what the competition means to him, including:
- Why he was so desperate to take part.
- The financial benefits and the pressure they brought.
- Sharing a dressing room with Virat Kohli and Virender Sehwag.
- The emotional connection he had with his team even after leaving.
- The unique atmosphere in Indian stadiums.