Honigstein on Mkhitaryan, Schweinsteiger’s exile, Pep and the big Ozil question
The German football expert and journalist is in the studio for episode 34 of the Betway Insider Podcast...
CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO LISTEN OR SUBSCRIBE TO THE BETWAY INSIDER PODCAST ON iTUNES
German football expert and journalist Raphael Honigstein – whose work can be found in the Guardian, ESPN and BT Sport – joins host Tom Bowles and resident tipster Alan Alger in the studio to discuss and reveal:
- His bemusement at Henrikh Mkhitaryan barely featuring for Manchester United this season - and how the Armenian reacted to manager Jose Mourinho.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger's Old Trafford exile - and what the German was told by club officials.
- Whether people in Germany have revised their opinion of Pep Guardiola's time at Bayern Munich given the club's struggles this season.
- How Guardiola finds life in the Premier League at Manchester City compared to the Bundesliga.
- The rise of RB Leipzig in Germany and what they have done - beyond spend lots of money - to succeed.
- Whether it is inevitable that the TV blackout on Saturday 3pm matches will end any time soon.
- How close Ralf Rangnick came to becoming England manager.
- The reasons why Mesut Ozil doesn't dominate matches at Arsenal as much as he should... and how he compares to Dennis Bergkamp.
- How much time he spends between Germany and England, and whether having a different perspective helps his analysis.
- The relationships he built with German footballers who moved to the Premier League.
- How he has managed to write two books, despite not enjoying writing.
- When his next book – which is on Jurgen Klopp – will be released.
- The German Premier League imports who make his Insider 5, which includes a shock selection at the expense of Jurgen Klinsmann.
You can also listen to the podcast on SoundCloud