Tony Evans on Big Sam's big mouth, Wenger for England and Liverpool's Anfield plans
The football writer is in the studio for episode 25 of the Betway Insider Podcast to discuss the national team....
Tony Evans joins host Tom Bowles and resident tipster Alan Alger for episode 25 of the Betway Insider Podcast.
Evans - the former Times football editor who now writers for the Evening Standard and ESPN discusses:
- Why he thought Sam Allardyce would survive as England manager.
- Whether "entrapment" won and if he has sympathy for Big Sam.
- The Telegraph's investigation and why it made him feel "queasy".
- The FA's culpability in regards to Allardyce and other allegations of corruption.
- How publications go about rolling such carefully-planned, heavily-invested story.
- Whether relationships between journalists from different outlets become strained when professional pride is at stake.
- Who England's next manager will be.
- Liverpool owner John Henry's curious comments regarding expanding Anfield.
- Jurgen Klopp's appearance on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football.
- The form of Theo Walcott and the eagerness of modern-day supporters to come to immediate conclusions.
In addition to the weekly predictions and his bet of the weekend, Alan reveals how the bookies reacted to the Allardyce story - and why it might be Arsene Wenger who replaces him.